Multi-vendor e-commerce marketplace is the best strategic plan to expand your online business. E-Commerce marketplace grants various opportunities for different kinds of business.
According to the research, 50% of online retail sales arrived from online marketplace platforms. They also predict that the sales from this platform will be exceeded from 1.7 trillion dollars to 7 trillion dollars in the next five years of a successful era in e-Commerce.
What are multi-vendor marketplace platforms?
The platform of the multi-vendor marketplace is a web program to organize an e-Commerce website. On this website, various independent online vendors can sell their products.
The seller of the marketplace can sell on a micro vendor website and a common storefront. This platform allows the vendor an app for selling their product, adding them to the catalog, and managing their account.
In short, a multi-vendor marketplace is made up of the following complex components:-
- Multi-vendor platform
- Vendor app
- Customer app
- Moderate hosting
If the marketplace platform belongs to SaaS or the company provides their cloud hosting to the vendors. So before starting a multi-vendor e-Commerce marketplace, you select the best platform for your product.
5 most reliable platforms are given that can help in your b2b eCommerce website design.
Shopify is one of the most trending and leading e-Commerce platforms of the present time. This platform helps the seller to convert their shop into a multi-seller marketplace.
Shopify has an extension of the Multi-vendor marketplace that makes this task very simple and helps the owner to convert the store into a marketplace.
It also consists of some surprisingly amazing feature apps for the better functionality of the marketplace, such as seller membership, Marketplace Shipping, and many more. Although there are following reason that makes
Shopify the best option for sellers:-
- It does not require coding skills.
- Do not require developers to add codes in your store.
- It is completely cloud-based and hosted on the web.
- The seller can use their domain name.
- Provides 24*7 customer support.
- Customization is the best part of Shopify, and the sellers can edit their theme code and looks according to them.
It is used for small as well as an established business. WooCommerce is used as a WordPress plugin for different kinds of online stores. It helps to customize their shop design also.
The sellers are free to sell their products the way they want to sell. Thus it is called a flexible open-source platform. WooCommerce is the best option if you want to run your business on your terms and conditions.
Woo Commerce also consists of multi vendor e-Commerce marketplace extension, which helps convert your shop into a multi-seller marketplace. It offers various features like an auction of the marketplace, marketplace daily deals, and event manager.
WooCommerce is best for every online business due to following reasons:-
- WooCommerce has free and paid versions.
- The WordPress plugins allow offering fantastic features and functionalities to the owner.
- You will get thousands of theme designs for your store.
- It is a flexible platform that is best for online content websites.
Read: Ecommerce SEO strategies
Bagisto is an open-source e-Commerce framework that is present at the top stage, Laravel stack. It gives some amazing functionality like Multi-currency, localization, Access control level, Multi-channel, payment integration, and many more.
Bagisto is a complete solution for e-Commerce, especially for merchants, to develop and measure their online businesses. It has a multi-vendor marketplace feature that grants various purchasing options to the vendors.
It has the following benefits for the seller:-
- Multi-store inventory channel that supports online as well as offline shops also.
- It provides better product management of the store.
- Enhance the product SEO.
- Driven by coding
Magento is the most convenient platform for the e-Commerce business. It depends on open-source technology. Its upgraded version grants every possible feature that is required to run an online business successfully. It has Webkul’s Magento extension, which is available on Magento 1 and Magento 2 marketplace.
This amazing platform gives the following reason to rely on this:-
- Magento offers source code to the seller as being an open-source platform. As it is best to use by coders.
- You can hire developers to run your business.
- By using its feature, you can make your online shop as per your requirements.
- Best security
- Magento sends the information about the new updates and patches to the seller.
- It offers various extensions.
- You can select any hosting company for your online stores.
- Various customized CSS options for web designs.
Open cart is open-source and based on PHP. It is the most reliable platform to run any online business. To set up an online store in the best possible way with the best tools is only possible with open-cart.
This platform is useful for converting the online store into a multi-functional marketplace with the OpenCart multi-vendor marketplace extension. This extension allows you to register with multiple sellers.
The reasons to use an open cart are following:-
- Open-cart provides a robust management system for the e-Commerce marketplace.
- It helps to expand the store exponentially due to the availability of various extensions.
- You can customize your store designs as per your requirement.
- It can convert an open-cart marketplace into a native mobile app.
- It can support various languages like Arabic, Persian, Urdu, etc.
- This platform supports various payment gateways for the convenience of the customers.
This is how an open cart can increase the performance rate of sales for your online e-commerce business.
Wrapping it up!
So these five platforms of multi-vendor eCommerce marketplace are the best to use if you want to grow your online business exponentially. These platforms have all the features that are required for your online marketplace.
Besides these strategies, you can make a successful marketplace a strong business and marketing strategies, constant measuring of sales and purchase, and a strong technical base for your online business.